One of the best, demanding job and growth opportunities people are now being hired by companies are contract managers. Not many companies have the money to pay the salary of a contract manager. It is said that companies rather hire a contract manager for their service. Let’s focus on why contract management is considered to be a big deal.
What Do Contract Managers Do? – The work of a contract manager is simply to ensure a contract between 2 parties is fulfilled based on the terms and conditions from start to finish. Although this sounds simple in plain English, the responsibility of a contract manager is massive.
These are some of the terms and conditions every contract manager must know.
- Execution – The contract manager needs to execute a contract by meeting all the terms. During the stage of execution, a contract may be required for some changes. In such an event, the manager needs to make the changes and notify both the parties doing business together.
- Analysis –After the execution stage, the contract manager needs to study and analyze carefully about the contract’s fulfillment. They need to ensure there is nothing missing mentioned on the contract.
- Report – Contract managers are not only hired for execution and analysis of a contract. They are also required to file a complete report of the contract and send it to the party who hired them. Moreover, a contract manger is hired either by government officials, court, shareholders etc, to ensure transparency is maintained.
Get your certificate on procurement certification programs from a reputed institute.
Passing out from your high school may not guarantee you to land the best possible job due to the level of degree you are offered. On the other hand, the scenario becomes even worse for those who cannot afford to get admitted in a reputed college. While some may be in debt due to the education loan they take from the bank well before their career starts. So, what’s the solution to this problem? The answer is fairly simple, which is to undergo some form of training.
- Do a Professional Training Course – In order to give a boost to your career, then the first thing you must do is to undergo a professional training course. One of the benefits of doing this type of training is there are plenty of jobs offered by many companies instead of getting a college degree from a fancy college. Before enrolling into a professional training course, you need to be firm with the selection of subject that interests you.
- Check the Training Course and Institute – Once you select the course, you need to consider the institute very carefully. This is because, there are tons of institutions which is why it can be hard for you to select one properly. In the end, doing a training course that has no value in the market makes no sense. Therefore, make sure you select an institute that offer valid certificates at the end of the course.
If procurement is your subject, then make sure that the institution offers valid certificate in procurement management after the completion.
Procurement and contract management have a lot of scope. The demand for people in these positions is increasing by the day as there is widespread growth in businesses all over the world. Procurement and contract management are expert positions that need people.
People working in procurement are in charge of buying raw materials and goods on behalf of the company they are working in. There are many different levels of employees involved in procurement, and one can make a good career here. Procurers have to know and keep a list of suppliers and vendors and have to contact then whenever there is a requirement. In public companies, tenders are released and bids are taken for the best prices for the quality and quantity required within the stated time line. Once a supplier is selected, the procurers have to ensure that the delivery is done on time. They have to check if all the delivery is in order, and inspect for the quality and quantity. Once done, the goods are forwarded to make a finished product. Therefore, procurers are important for quality of the product, keeping the prices down, and ensuring there’s no gap in production and supply.
Contract managers are quite sought after. They are the ones who ensure that a contract between two parties is completely fulfilled within the stipulated timeline, fulfilling all the agreed upon the terms and conditions. They are mostly hired by a authoritative third party to oversee contracts. A few of them find permanent jobs in companies as their fees are quite so, they prefer being free agent.
As you can see, there’s a lot scope, career wise, for procurement and contract managers. So, get a certificate in procurement & contracts management and see your career flourish.