For all Garmin users, it is important to keep the device maps updated to get details of local cities and restaurants. When you perform Garmin map updates free download, new features automatically get added. To take advantage of these features, you must go through the instructions to download and update maps for free.
How to update the Garmin map?
You will have to launch Garmin Express software on your computer for updating the Garmin maps. The Garmin Express will connect to the Garmin site automatically to get the latest map updates.
- First of all, connect the Garmin device to the computer through USB cable.
- You will find the Garmin logo on-screen which indicates a successful connection.
- You need to reboot the system before performing map updates.
- After rebooting the system, you need to download the maps from the ‘Garmin icon’.
- The information about the latest map updates will be displayed on the screen.
- You can check the firmware version of your Garmin device which is currently installed and the new version with primary changes.
- Select the Package. If you want to download free map updates, then select ‘Free’, otherwise click on ‘Buy latest maps’.
- Tap ‘Download’.
- Once the downloading is done, you can install ‘Updates’ in your device.
- Unplug the device and see if the map updates are successfully installed or not.
For further information or help, you can contact our team of experts.