With the Garmin Express software, you not only set up your Garmin devices but also manage them and keep them up to date. However, it is annoying when you download Garmin Express and install it perfectly, but the software does not work.
Problems starting Garmin Express? That is the cause
- If you want to set up your Garmin device or provide it with new updates, you can do this with the Garmin Express software. Every now and then, it happens that the software issues an error message when starting or does not even start.
- If Garmin Express does not start, this may be due to an authorization problem. Try running the application as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the Garmin Express icon and select "Run as administrator" from the drop-down menu.
Is the software up to date? You just need to ensure that you have the most recent version of the Garmin Express installed on your system. If you are using an outdated version, this can be the trigger for the start problems.
Also, make sure that your Windows is up to date and carry out pending Windows updates.
Delete the damaged configuration file
Another trigger can be a damaged configuration file. Deleting the file can fix the problem.
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Enter "%localappdata%" in the input field.
- Find the folder "Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid" in the directory and delete it.